MOIRA is a not-for-profit organisation, providing Disability, Youth and Financial management services across Victoria. The organisation has grown in scale and evolved its service offerings to become one of Victoria’s leading and most progressive disability agencies in providing independent living solutions. Two Crowns Marketing and MOIRA have enjoyed a long standing client relationship, in which Two Crowns Marketing have provided on-going strategic planning, implementation, events management and employee mentoring services.
Problem: Transitioning to the NDIS
Two Crowns Marketing were engaged by MOIRA, to provide strategic marketing services at a time when the organisation was at a transition phase – moving from traditional government funding towards the introduction of the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which was to commercialise the services of the disability sector.
The process of market research, strategic planning and stakeholder consultation led to a project that involved the development of an extensive repositioning and branding suite roll out for MOIRA, to support the positioning of their organisation, as the (NDIS) was rolled out nationwide.
With MOIRA entering the new NDIS marketplace – which heralded the first time that service users living with disability could drive decision many around their own service providers – they needed to transition their service offerings and reposition their place in the market.
Key challenges facing the organisation included:
– Understanding the full extent of service and pricing changes in the complex new environment of the NDIS, in order to support long term organisational decision making
– No resource internally to manage the extensive strategic marketing and implementation activities required
– An unstable website that participants relied upon for information required urgent redevelopment ahead of the timeline in place for the rebrand
– An internal culture that was based around the friendliness and warmth of a local not for profit organisation, now had to commercialise and redefine their ways of working in an increasingly competitive and demanding sector.
Solution: Establishing a position in the new Marketplace
In 2017, Two Crowns Marketing project managed an extensive brand review and refresh for Disability and Youth Services organisation, MOIRA. This branding identity project supported MOIRA to establish a position in the new NDIS marketplace and provided employees and stakeholders with cues on the vision for the organisation moving forwards.
The strategic review and brand repositioning took place concurrently with an internal cultural reboot, designed to assist employees to transition from the delivery of traditional services to those recognised as part of the new NDIS marketplace.
Two Crowns Marketing worked on behalf of MOIRA to appoint and project manage a range of creative collaborators, and sourced principal creative agency Assembly Branding, to collaborate on creative execution of all collateral required, which included a highly secure website with the capacity for storing sensitive client information.
This process required extensive consultation across different parts of the organisation, and across a range of service providers, families and carers.
MOIRA continues to invest in their transformation from a local community organisation to a credible service provider in the highly competitive NDIS marketplace.
The organisation have used their refreshed brand and positioning to help create a re-imagined place in the sector across key target markets; for end user customers, or “participants”, moving from an organisation which was once perceived as a cheery and relaxed local, Not-For-Profit establishment to a more professional association that offers credible and supportive services for people with disabilities.
The MOIRA rebrand also signalled to sector stakeholders that MOIRA was “moving with the times”. Internally, the strategic review and brand refresh also supported a cultural shift around the way employees connected the value of their role and how their activities impacted the quality and timeliness of services provided to clients.
Two Crowns Marketing Director Anne Baker, led the project team to deliver:
– A comprehensive strategic marketing and implementation plan
– Completion of the brand repositioning: The repositioning was project managed by Two Crowns Marketing and included co-ordination of all external creative suppliers
– Establishment of social media activity
– An extensive suite of externally facing collateral, including branded stationery
– A range of collateral to support internal cultural change, including merchandise
– A brochure to promote repositioning and new services
– A new annual report, presented in the fresh new brand
– Exterior and Interior Building Signage
– Participant-focused publications
– Ongoing consultation around marketing and communications activity.
"The team at Two Crowns Marketing have been invaluable to MOIRA’s transition to the National Disability Insurance Scheme marketplace."